Do you like scrapbooking? If you do, then getting ready with your materials and tools are all needed to come up with the most creative work of art that you can create from pieces of papers and crafts. One of the main scrapbooking tools is paper trimmers. It’s one of the most in-demand tools among scrapbookers like you. If you don’t have it yet, then check out this post on how to choose your paper trimmers. Although the high-quality trimmers can be quite pricey, they’re worth the investment because, with one, you can make various scrapbooks that your heart desires.
Before you dive into your choices on paper trimmers, take a look at this guide on their types. Choose the right paper trimmer as it’s an essential tool to use for scrapbooking. It’s up to you to choose the best one to cater to your needs, so take a peek at these choices:
1. Rotary blade paper trimmers. They have circular blades that you can attach to the slide bar along the trimmer’s length. They have blades that you can replace when they get dull.
2. Guillotine paper trimmers. They have big blade arm that can be sharp for a long period of time. On the other hand, it can be expensive and hard to replace when it gets dull. Of all the types of paper trimmers, they’re the priciest to have.
3. Blade trimmers (Stationary). It comes with a tooth-like blade that can run in a track along the trimmer’s length. They’ve blades which can turn dull easily. On the other hand, they’re not expensive as compared to other types of paper trimmers.
Choose among these three choices on paper trimmers which you can use for scrapbooking. Pick up the one that works best based on your needs and demands. After the types of paper trimmers, get to know their characteristics which can also serve as a factor in choosing yours.
• Size. The smaller ones are perfect for crafters like you and are ideal for those always on the move to do their scrapbooking activity. If you attend arts and crafts, choose smaller ones as you can transport them easily from place to place. On the other hand, those larger ones are more accurate and stable than the smaller ones. They also have more durable features compare to handy ones. They also have top notch and sharper blades to last longer. If you cut 12” papers, then you may need paper trimmers which can cut at that length.
• Safety. Paper trimmers have blades, so carefully using any of them is most often needed. You won’t have to worry because most of these trimmers come with safety features to avoid cuts and other injuries. Some of them even come with finger guards to avoid cuts.
• Cost. You may prefer a cheaper cutter as it can also perform well. However, if you consider working in volumes of papers, then you may need to invest in a more durable one.
These are some guidelines for choosing your paper trimmers for use in scrapbooking and crafting. Aside from the types of trimmers, you shall also check out factors such as size, safety, and cost.